Monday, April 8, 2013



I have a great many colorful people in my family tree as most families do if you look hard enough but my most notable ones are

Richard More (9th great grandfather) – crossed on the Mayflower at 5 years old
Charles Johnson (2nd great grandfather) – Civil War vet; fought at Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, the siege of Atlanta and Savannah (all before the age of 20)
John Adsit (4th great grandfather) – Revolutionary Patriot (my DAR connection)
Capt. Joseph Patch (5th great grandfather) – Fought alongside George Washington in Long Island
Hannah Smith (4th great grandmother) – Full blooded American Indian

Even Royal connections and a Saint!

I have been researching my family for at least 10 – 12 years.  I find ancestry fascinating as did my father and several of my great aunts.  Every family has a story to tell and this is mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment